Join us for a picnic!
Looking for a place to have a picnic with your family?
River Lane Ranch is now open on select Sundays each month for visitors who wish to get out of the city, connect with nature and bring their picnic lunch to the ranch.
What’s happening on the ranch on Sundays? Are we bathing horses? Training horses? Driving training? The sky’s the limit but there is always something happening to watch and learn.
Bring yourself or your family and pack a lunch! We have several picnic tables or bring your own blanket or chairs and spread out. Enjoy the day in the peaceful surroundings of River Lane Ranch and the majestic Gypsy Cobbs horses. The Ranch is also home to several dogs who may also come by for a visit!
Enjoy your lunch surrounded by nature and the sights and sounds of a working Ranch!
Would you like to include some family photo’s of your trip to the ranch? We have just the photographer who can do it for you! Maureen Noce is an incredible local photographer who specializes in equine and portrait photo’s. In fact she’s responsible for many of the photo’s you see on this page and on our social media pages. Contact us for all the details!
Scroll down to register and secure your spot!
Things to note before Registering.
Please review carefully before proceeding with booking your tour.
- All participants are required to fill out and sign a waiver/covid 19 questionnaire before participating in any tours/drop in session.
- Social distancing within your cohort picnic group is not required however please respect the space of the others at the Ranch. You must obey social distancing at all times and do you best to remain 6 feet apart from any other cohort picnic groups.
- You must stay with your cohort picnic group at all times.
- River Lane Ranch follows strict rules and guidelines as laid out by the Alberta Health Services. You will be asked to hand sanitize when you arrive at the Ranch.
- Masks may be worn throughout the Ranch if you wish but are not required when outdoors and social distancing can be maintained.
- Participants may be required to wear a mask if/when social distancing is not possible. Masks are required when entering the indoor Barn area. If you do not wish to wear a mask you will be unable to enter if the opportunity arises for your group.
- You must wear appropriate footwear. Running shoes, boots, rubber boots or closed toed shoes. Your picnic experience will not be the same if you do not comply with this rule as you will not be able to interact with the horses without appropriate footwear.
- Please advise us if you or someone in your party has a disability and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Children MUST remain with adults and be supervised at all times.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FEEDING of the horses (not even picking grass for them).
- The Ranch is home to several dogs. They are friendly. You may pet them and love on them but please do not feed them.
- Please obey all signage and rules posted at RLR. Do not enter restricted areas at any time.
- Please be respectful and have fun!
Picnic Sundays at River Lane ranch
When: select Sundays (weather permitting)
start Time: 11:00 am to 3:00 PM
Cost: Family Rate: $35.00 up to 5 family members ($5 per additional person)
Individual Rate $10.00 per person
Kids 5 and under free
Please fill out the form below to register to Attend a picnic sunday.
Pre-registration is required. Limited spots available.