River Lane Ranch – Beginner Horse Driving – 3 Part Clinic Serie
River Lane Ranch is excited to announce our first clinic in 2018! What a great way to start off the year, with learning how to drive & train your horses! This three-part series will teach you the foundation and fundamentals of what you need to know and so much more!
Join a group of like-minded people and begin to reach your driving goals in 2018!
About Instructor Becky Sherwood:
Horses have always been a passion for Becky. She grew up on a working horse ranch where horses were used for all aspects of life. Everything from hauling logs, bringing in feed, working cattle and more. If there was a job to be done it was done with the horses.
Becky has been training horses of all breeds for over 25 years in a wide variety of disciplines. Her clinics are put together so that they work best for each horse and rider to make them the most successful team possible. Driving horses is a very big part of what Becky does with all of her horses. She believes that teaching horses how to drive, makes a better, overall, well-balanced horse. Exposing them to a wider variety of situations that will benefit horse and rider. She has seen first-hand that teaching people to drive is a great way for them to connect with their horse on a completely different level. Becky’s goal is to ensure the art of driving is never lost, and new relationships are formed by building amazing teams!
Here are all the details:
Series 1 – March 3 & 4, 2018 – Beginner Driving
- This weekend course will provide an understanding of the fundamentals of driving and basic horse psychology.
- Hands on experience in harnessing, harness fit, and options, how to get feel for the lines, ground driving, driving a single horse as well as a team.
- Safety when harnessing, hooking and driving
- Learn how, where and why to shop for certain driving tack, how to clean your tack and more!
- Lots of time for Q & A
Series 2 – March 17 & 18th, 2018 – Partnering with your own horse
- This weekend course will allow you to safely gain the experience you need to begin starting your own horse in ground driving! You can bring your pony to this weekend if you like!
- Learn the do’s and don’ts’s of ground driving and how to make headway teaching your own horse to drive. Ground driving through different setups to make you most successful for when you get to the point of hooking and driving.
- Continue to practice the skills you learned in series 1
- Receive valuable homework to take with you to practice at your own farm
Series 3 – April 7th & 8th – Series 3 – Tying it all together
- This weekend you will be taught how to hook to different carts and wagons, for single and teams, with well-trained horses that will give you the right steps and patients to be able to take time to learn to do it properly and safely,
- You will get to drive a well-trained team or single horse supervised so you can get the experience of how each piece of equipment moves with the horse.
- You will be able to try cone driving, driving a single horse and or a team,
- If time allows a special driving combo experience
Cost: $299.00 per series or $797.00 for all three! (Save $100.00)
- 50% deposit is required to sign up and the remaining 50% due the first day of the clinic.
- The clinic is held at River Lane Ranch in their new 70×150 indoor arena. River Lane Ranch is located just outside of Sherwood Park Alberta, but within the city limits of Edmonton!
- Horses can be boarded in their outdoor 40×40 paddocks. (No indoor board available)
- Board is $15.00 per night
- Bring your own lunch. Drinks will be provided.
- Spectators are welcome – $25.00 per auditor fee, per day
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Feb 25th, 2018
Please note – We expect this clinic to fill quickly and there are limited participant spots available. Fill out the form below to register
Call for more questions – 780-952-1593